Forum

1kzte engine HELLLPPPP PLEASE!!!

Misc. discussion topics, but keep it NZFWDA related please

1kzte engine HELLLPPPP PLEASE!!!

Post by thomas dodds on Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:39 pm

I went away for a week and when I arrived home my 1kz-te was a bit strange on start up ( it coughs and splutters on start up for about 4 seconds) after that its fine well idling and running it doesn't miss a beat.

I first replaced the glow plugs thinking it was not heating the cylinder but this didn't help.

dose anyone know what this might be the things that are going through my head are

well I was away a mate borrowed it and may have put petrol in it (he can't remember)

air in the fuel line (I have pumped it and there are no diesel leaks)

blown head gasket... engine has only done 30000ks on new Toyota head

help pleaseeeeee.
thomas dodds

Re: 1kzte engine HELLLPPPP PLEASE!!!

Post by Alan Geeves on Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:45 pm

Could just be the extra cold weather Where are you? Could be dirty injectors Could be still running summer mix diesel especially if not used much. Could be timing Could be slightly low compression.
Try butting a double dose of your favourite diesel injector cleaner in the tank. Even if the injectors dont need cleaning it will help it start easier.
I hear the train a comin Its rollin down the line. I only hope the rails and sleepers are all installed in time
Alan Geeves

Post by thomas dodds on Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:06 pm

that's a good point I normally put moras or morays (cant remember the name) injector cleaner in but have recently stopped ill give it a good dose tomorrow and see if there is a difference
thomas dodds

Post by thomas dodds on Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:43 pm

so I started it today and it let out a almighty puff of black smoke then flowed white smoke behind it but only on start up not well driving or idling and reving :/
thomas dodds

Post by Alan Geeves on Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:04 pm

where abouts do you live?
I hear the train a comin Its rollin down the line. I only hope the rails and sleepers are all installed in time
Alan Geeves

Post by thomas dodds on Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:52 pm

Dunedin have had the truck 2 years now so its been through a couple of snow storms and been fine other times
thomas dodds

Post by Alan Geeves on Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:29 am

It could be the diesel mix this year. My bighorn completely fogs up the garage when I start it but by the time Ive backed out of the driveway its running clean My Wizard puffs about half of what your truck sounds like its doing on startup.
If its not using oil or water and is running fine the rest of the time and the fuel ecconomy is normal I wouldnt be worrying about it.
Alan Geeves

Post by thomas dodds on Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:43 pm

thanks heaps for the info ill let it go for now and see if it comes right
thomas dodds

Return to General